Magic Coin Pouch Trick
This is a clever coin trick that can be done as impromptu magic using only two simple props, a coin and a square of paper. This stunt is easy to do and gets an amazing reaction from your audience. A classsic of close up magic and an easy trick for beginners to perform.
1. Get hold of the materials to perform the trick and show them to the audience as being everyday objects.
1. Holding the piece of paper, take the coin and place it in the centre of the paper
2. The next step is to fold the bottom edge of the paper up to cover the coin.The bottom edge should not be folded up all the way up to the top edge but should be about 5 millimetres below it.
3. The right edge of the paper is then folded back behind the coin as shown in the picture.
4. The left edge of the paper is then folded back behind the coin a shown in the picture.
5. The last fold is made by bending the top flap of the paper behind the coin. This will appear to the audience member to have completely sealed in the coin . Unknown to them there is actually an opening at the top of the paper pouch.
6. Turn the paper pouch upside down in your hand and let the coin gently fall into your palm where you can conceal it from the audience.
7. For a finale, you can tear the paper pouch in two, where the audience see that the coin appears to have vanished. Use a little patter to make this trick more entertaining.
This trick depends on a little sleight of hand. The use of some gimmicks such as the one used in this trick are absolutely OK as long as they are not overused. It is always best to depend on your core magic skills.